Tuesday, November 23, 2010

9 weeks Open Bowel resectioning-Post Op

So much has happen since I last wrote. I turned 29 and had a small relaxing birthday party with all the people that love me. I got so many presents. My sis even ordered gluten free cupcskes for me! They were dee-licious!

Well it's been about 9 weeks post op and endometriosis wise I feel so much better! My past two periods were pretty painful but nothing like before. I can actually feel less pain with each subsequent period.

Now on the other side of all this is my digestive system. Having had two section of my bowels removed has proven the hardest part of all this. I had a complication with the resectioning surgery that has lengthened my recovery. Dont get me wrong I'm so much better than 9 weeks ago. My period pain is diminishing and I hope it will be non existent soon. My digestive system is another story. The pain, bloating, the being tethered to the bathroom has been hard.

I am trying so hard to stay positive but pain has this funny thing it does to you where you pretty much become hopeless and desperate.

I am trying to look up towards God and since this week is Thanksgiving I am focusing my time on being thankfill for all the many blessing I already have.

Our church, Trinity has been an amazing support system!

No comments:

Post a Comment