Saturday, October 2, 2010

Post 8 hour Open Bowel and Excision Surgery for Stage IV Endo

September 22, 2010 I had major surgery for stage IV Endometriosis.

I was hoping it would be a few hours long and that laparoscopically would suffice but alas that was not to be. I now have a 9 inch "bikini cut" incision and after an 8 hours surgery this is what they did:

removed 3 "diseased" areas of my bowels (re sectioned with anastomosis), removed diseased appendix, excised all the endo from around my uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes, removed a large ovarian cyst on my left ovary, had a D&C and urinary stents placed.

It's been about a week now and I would be lying if I said this was getting better day by day. This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through.

I am only 28 years old, still a newly wed and haven't had children yet....

I plan on writing more but I am in just too much pain right now. I will try to write later today or tomorrow.


On a happier note: We got our wedding videos!
:)

My poor husband has been amazing through all this. We have only been married about 10 months. I know this is something he definitely didn't not expect to be having to go through.

Here is the trailer:
J and Geordanna's Wedding Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment